February 15, 2013

Support

I am feeling overwhelmed.  Not overwhelmed in a bad way, but in a "God speaking directly to me" kind of way.  These last few weeks of my pregnancy have been a time of waiting in expectation and have provided some challenges in that wait.  But in this last week particularly, God has used so many people to show me His hand on my life and His care for me and baby Leena.  Tonight, I received a "baby shower in a box" from a group of moms from the church we attended back in Indiana.  God put on one person's heart to minister to me through gift, and through her, a number of others joined and blessed me in more than words can say.  These boxes were packed full of clothes for my baby and to share with others around (and believe me, there are plenty of babies around to share this gift)!  Just looking at the boxes, said to me, "Dontie, we may not know you personally, but we believe in what you are doing and we want to support and love on you."  That meant so much!

We have received several other care packages, from friends in different stages of my life, who just felt they needed to send some encouragement.  Again, God using His people to say, "I love you.  Hang in there."

But it doesn't take sending a package half way around the world to support.  We have received countless e-mails of prayer, facebook messages, phone calls checking in on me from town, and even neighbors and hospital staff members just stopping by to make sure all was well.  A meal was brought over after a full night of contractions and I was too weary to do much of anything.  That made my day.

A midwife stopped by to take the boys for two hours so I could rest.  Then she returned that night to help me through another episode of contractions, rubbing my back, and continually checking on baby Leena.

God has said to me through all of these precious acts, "Dontie, I am with you.  I love you.  I will take care of you and this one I created in you.  Look at how I am telling you that through all these ones who love me and listen to my urging.  I have done this for YOU."


So, I am overwhelmed.  Thank you God and thank you church - believers responding to a whisper to reach out and support and minister.  You humble me.

No comments:

Post a Comment